A widespread interest for blockchain and distributed ledger systems raises variety of regulatory problems that should be addressed along with the deployment of such systems.
The authors are welcomed to provide submissions on research areas including but not limited to:
- Relevant policy and regulatory dimensions (e.g., auditability, traceability, privacy, legal compliance) and associated constraints (e.g., GDPR, lawful intercept) to the adoption of DLT-based applications and services;
- Mapping of existing DLT platforms to policy and regulatory dimensions and constraints, and assessment criteria;
- Regulatory toolkit which can be used by policymakers and regulatory authorities for scaling up services based on DLT uptake;
- Best practices for the harmonization of legal and regulatory framework for applications and services based on DLT globally;
- How technologies enable applications and services by the underlying nature of the ecosystem including best practices of policy and regulatory framework, risk assessment methodologies and business models being used;
- Implications of standards for cross border remittances;
- The possibility of DLT self regulation;
- Approaches in regulating DLT in different jurisdictions: general and specific.
Authors are invited to submit papers presenting original research in the workshop topics, in electronic form (pdf format) via submission server.
Submissions must be unpublished, not under review for publication elsewhere, and provide sufficient information to judge their merits.
Submissions must be in English, and not exceed 10 pages.
Submissions to be reviewed should be anonymous with no names of authors and their affiliations given in the text (this information is submitted through iChair).
Any additional material the authors want to provide for reviewers and PC members should be attached to the submission as Appendix.
Accepted papers will be published in electronic preproceedings.
A paper included in the workshop program may be selected for publication in the journal if the authors report their results at the workshop.
Submission deadline: March 19
Notification of authors: April 16
Final versions: May 14